My fee is $180 per 50 minute session for individuals and $190 for couples. In addition to weekly appointments, I charge $190 for other professional services you may need, though I will break down the hourly cost if I work for periods less than one hour. Other services include report writing, telephone conversations lasting longer than 15 minutes, attendance at meetings with other professionals you have authorized, preparation of records or treatment summaries, and the time spent performing any other service you may request of me. I also offer a sliding scale fee for patients who want to see me but cannot afford my full fee. Offering high-quality psychotherapy is important to me and my fee should not necessarily be a barrier to working with me. We can discuss this more in our first appointment.
Do you take insurance, and how does that work?
Some helpful questions you can ask them:
• What are my mental health benefits?
• What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
• How many therapy sessions does my plan cover?
• How much does my insurance pay for an out-of-network provider?
• Is approval required from my primary care physician?